Do you love soups? If yes, Then I’m sure you definitely love to dip in the crispy,crunchy & cracking bread sticks in hot cuppa of soup.These breadsticks are ridiculously easy to make at home.I tried making these bread sticks at … Continue reading
This is a very a light yet flavourful summer salad filled with apricots and blueberries. Balsamic dressing balances the sweetness of apricot & blueberry.Greens add a great nutrition values to the salad. It has become our favorite salad combo and … Continue reading
Winters are started here in Stockholm and all I want to hide under the blanket and eat hot soup . This is a delicious Cream of Broccoli & Almond Soup ,A must have soup in my kitchen in chilled winters. It tastes … Continue reading
I visited London in 2011 & was there for around two months. I had a little time to see the city ,tightly packed weekdays & only few weekends.So I planned to explore the city as much as possible on weekends.All … Continue reading
Fig season is here in Stockholm though their season is little uncertain but they are available in almost every grocery store. I love figs, these soft and sweet beauties are versatile in nature and do wonders with both sweet and savory … Continue reading
Few days back, I posted the recipe of pickled beetroot & promised to come up with some more recipes using red beet so here it is, traditional Swedish recipe of Beetroot & Apple Salad aka Rodbet sallad. I have been … Continue reading
Another healthy recipe from my archive. I am a big fan of sanjeev kapoor and used to follow all of his TV shows since I was in 11th standard 🙂 This is one of the healthiest and tasty drink or … Continue reading
Recently, I have started to get back in to my workout routine after a long break and When you start, you tend to get tired very soon but gradually you get used to it and I am also going back … Continue reading
So the dinner was these sautéed vegetables. I love them as they are quick, healthy and so colourful , just my type of food 🙂 .You can serve it as a side dish in lunch or dinner but I like to have it in a la carte style. Recipe is very simple but needs a little precaution while sautéing the vegetables so that they are not overcooked or mushy so I am going to tell you my way of preparing this yummy and healthy meal 🙂
1/2 Cup Broccoli florets
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Cup Bell peppers(Red & yellow) cut in to square pieces
1/2 Cup Mushroom , cut in halves
1/2 Cup Zucchini , cut in roundels (You can also add Aubergine, carrots, spinach, baby corn or any vegetable of your choice)
1/2 Cup Spinach,chopped
1 tbs Olive Oil
Salt and Crushed pepper as per taste
Rosemary ,Thyme, Parsley or Oregano
– Add olive oil in non stick skillet and let it heat on medium flame.
– Add garlic and sauté it till it becomes golden brown
– Add vegetables in it based on their cooking time for eg, if you are using carrots, potatoes or onions, add them first because they take longer time to cook, Broccoli, Zucchini &
Bell peppers considerably take lesser time and if you are using green vegetables like spinach or any other green leaves, they should be added at the last.
– As per the my ingredients, I added broccoli first and sautéed it, then mushroom, bell peppers & zucchini and spinach at the end.
Stir them once or twice and let them cook until the vegetables are tender (max 5 minutes) and make sure they are not overcooked.
– Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt & pepper and seasoning of your choice. I like to have it with a quick yogurt dip( Greek yogurt+ 1 tsp olive oil+ crushed garlic + dried dill+ red bell pepper powder+ salt)
Enjoy & Stay Healthy 🙂
When you’re too tired & Don’t like to cook anything or even don’t want to think about it, You tend to crave for something easily available like fast food take away or you order pizza but if you really are little health cautious and keep an eye on what to eat and what to not, by putting some efforts you can cook quick, healthy and yummy food which is totally guilt free. I was in the same spree today, was not in a mood to cook anything so gave a little thought and came up with yummy White Oats Lemon Spicy Soup 🙂
– 1/4 cup Oats
– 1 ts olive oil
– 3 tsp Lemon Juice
– 1/2 Coriander Leaves
– 1 Onion sliced
– 2 tsp Chopped Garlic
– 1/2 tsp Chopped Ginger
– 3 tsp Chopped Celery
– 1/ tsp Black pepper Powder
– Salt to taste
– 4 cup Water
– Bell peppers or carrots(1/4th cup) optional
– Coriander Leaves -chopped
– dry roasted onions
– Take non stick pan, heat it and put olive oil. Add ginger & garlic .
– Add sliced onion and sauté till translucent.
– Add celery, coriander leaves stems and vegetables(optional) and sauté for two minutes.
– Add water and boil.
– Simmer it 10-15 minutes till the it gives a nice aroma.
– Strain through a sieve in to another pan and add salt, pepper and chopped coriander and keep it aside.
– Take unroasted oats and boil them in the prepared stock.
– Remove it from the fire and add lemon juice and mix well.
– Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and roasted onions.
Enjoy & Happy eating 🙂